cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 2.9.0rc1 this coming monday??
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:06:00 GMT
Hm. This will of course require changing the name of the file Plugman
generates, and it will mean users need to be very careful to be using
sufficiently new plugman and cordova-js.

In short: only the upgrade path for users bothers me about this; the change
to use a .js file and <script> tag looks fine. It's hard to make Plugman
backward compatible, because it's hard to know which version of cordova.js
it's going to be running against. Any ideas here?

Braden

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Ahh shit I think we need to retag the JS
>
> The dynamic loading of cordova_plugins.json doesn't work on Windows Phone
> *, as we discussed in the 2.8.0rc1 tag thread. The workaround that Jesse
> converged on has been sitting on a branch. You can compare it to apache's
> master branch at [1]. Essentially it creates a script tag pointing to the
> cordova_plugins.json file instead of XHR'ing to it. The XHR approach
> throws an "Access Denied" error on WP*.
>
> With this being the last release before 3.0, I think we need to include
> this bit of functionality.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> [1] https://github.com/purplecabbage/cordova-js/compare/PL
>
> On 6/18/13 7:30 AM, "Shazron" <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm still testing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3530 that I
> >wanted to get into rc1, but I don't want to rush it, I'll get to all the
> >rc1 tasks for iOS this afternoon. OS X has barely had changes so I can get
> >that done.
> >

> >On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have the rc tag issues for mobile-spec and the JS assigned to me. I
> >>will
> >> tag them tomorrow morning unless I hear otherwise.

> >>on
> >>and
> >>looking

I'd
> >>like

> >>from

> >><iclelland@google.com

that will
> >>accept

> >>it
morning.

Anyone still
2.9?

<shazron@gmail.com>

to tackle:
> >>investigate,
> >> issue,
> >>has
maybe fix)

Beer <

to be resolved? I am
> >>aware
at. Anything else you want
> >>in?

Shazron
> >><shazron@gmail.com>

more velocity in the iOS / OS
me being away at WWDC this week,
a feather. Will try to get
> >>more

AM, Lorin Beer

4:06 PM, Jesse

at 4:03 PM, Filip Maj

PM, "Joe Bowser" <bowserj@gmail.com>

is pretty soon, but how does a 2.9.0rc1 on
is supposed to be a hardening release
start with the RCs.