cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.9.0rc1 this coming monday??
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:10:11 GMT
I was just going to suggest outputting both.  That works for me.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org>wrote:

> Follow-up thought: No reason why we can't generate both cordova_plugins.js
> and cordova_plugins.json for a while.
>
> Braden
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org
> >wrote:
>
> > Hm. This will of course require changing the name of the file Plugman
> > generates, and it will mean users need to be very careful to be using
> > sufficiently new plugman and cordova-js.
> >
> > In short: only the upgrade path for users bothers me about this; the
> > change to use a .js file and <script> tag looks fine. It's hard to make
> > Plugman backward compatible, because it's hard to know which version of
> > cordova.js it's going to be running against. Any ideas here?
> >
> > Braden
> >

> > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Ahh shit I think we need to retag the JS
> >>
> >> The dynamic loading of cordova_plugins.json doesn't work on Windows
> Phone
> >> *, as we discussed in the 2.8.0rc1 tag thread. The workaround that Jesse
> >> converged on has been sitting on a branch. You can compare it to
> apache's
> >> master branch at [1]. Essentially it creates a script tag pointing to
> the
> >> cordova_plugins.json file instead of XHR'ing to it. The XHR approach
> >> throws an "Access Denied" error on WP*.
> >>
> >> With this being the last release before 3.0, I think we need to include
> >> this bit of functionality.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>
> >> [1] https://github.com/purplecabbage/cordova-js/compare/PL

> the
> >> get

> Shaz

cb-3185)

> Plugin-behaving-nicely
> more

> >> clearly

> more

environment settings

morning that could
> be a
that will
Blob object.

new for 2.9)

then I can take care
> of
in this morning.

Maj <fil@adobe.com>

objections? Anyone still
get in for 2.9?

<
> >> michael@michaelbrooks.ca>

AM, Shazron <
> shazron@gmail.com

issues.

am going to tackle:
> >> PR
> reporter
and maybe fix)

AM, Lorin Beer <

Shaz.

that needs to be resolved? I am
a look at. Anything else you
> want

11:01 AM, Shazron

there was more velocity in the iOS /
> OS
any with me being away at WWDC this
> >> week,
I am but a feather. Will try to get

at 9:27 AM, Lorin Beer

this early

2013 at 4:06 PM, Jesse

12, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Filip Maj

3:56 PM, "Joe Bowser" <bowserj@gmail.com>

know this is pretty soon, but how does a 2.9.0rc1
> on
this is supposed to be a hardening release
we shouldn't start with the RCs.

thoughts?