cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Device as an intrinsic plugin
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:01:26 GMT
Looking at the Device API functionality it doesn't make sense to me for a
single plugin to define the platform version it was built for.

We could move this functionality into the framework, but I am reluctant to
break APIs if it is not needed.

I would like to recommend that we leave Device to function as a plugin, but
make it an intrinsic plugin.  Meaning:
a) the API does not change
b) the device plugin cannot + need not be installed, or uninstalled
c) the device native source code stays in its respective native codebase +
repo
d) the device js code stays in cordova-js

Thoughts?

Cheers,
  Jesse

@purplecabbage