cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>
Subject Re: BB10 bundling of node.js
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:57:59 GMT
For 3.0 will there still be a ZIP file released by Apache? Will the
instructions be download the latest version of node then run "npm install
-g <path to cordova-cli>"?

My assumption was the individual project templates will continue to work
independently of CLI.

Also, keep in mind that CLI invokes BB via shell scripts which in turn call
node. So for environments where people need different versions of node
installed, invoking CLI with an alternate node version will cause BB to be
invoked via the globally installed version. Perhaps that is an edge case,
but it's still something that needs to be supported by allowing them to
configure node path for BB.