cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [cordova-cli] ripple instead of serve
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:23:31 GMT
If the current 'serve' implementation needs axing, thats fine.  However,
curious if you are implying that 'ripple' will be the only way to do repid
edit-refresh without rebuilding native components?  We need a way to get
app updates to a device running e.g. app-harness right?  I thought that was
the point of 'serve'.

Is the proposal to remove the current implementation and re-add something
functional later, or is the argument that we don't need a serve feature at
all?

-Michal

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Currently the ripple command runs on top of serve [1] but should be really
> easy to refactor.
>
> Once the integration is a bit more solid we need to start routing emulate
> commands for unsupported platforms to ripple.
>
> [1] -
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-cli.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/ripple.js;hb=HEAD
>

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org
> >wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > I hacked serve together in a couple of hours, and it is not in active
> use.
> > Corporate network environments are generally not open to your phone
> > connecting directly to a serve running on your laptop or desktop, making
> > 'serve' not very useful.
> >
> > Braden
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> > > HI GUYS!
> > >
> > > I'm reviving this thread :)
> > >
> > > There are a couple of issues filed for both CLI commands `ripple` and
> > > `serve`. We've spoke in the past about axing `serve` in favor of
> `ripple`
> > > (see below in this thread).
> > >
> > > My suggestion: remove `serve` altogether in 3.0. There was consensus
> for
> > > this before but just wanted to loop back with folks to make sure this
> > > sounded alright.
> > >
> > > Serve seems to be completely abandoned: the tests are currently
> disabled
> > > (and not passing), so I am in favor of closing the serve-related issues
> > as
> > > won't fix and suggesting people employ `cordova ripple` instead.
> > >
> > > On 3/23/13 7:15 AM, "Andrew Grieve" <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> > >

> > https://uwaterloo.ca/engineering/events/first-robotics-waterloo-regional

>  Is

> pyramid