cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] Why is DataResource still in master?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 03:09:25 GMT
100 yard summary: our intern Shravan from last term was adding this as part
of his app-harness work.  This specific change landed a too hastily as
there were some issues in corner cases (perhaps over-eagerness due to time
pressure as he approach term end), but all actual uses of DataResource
should have been reverted before 2.8 branch (right?), and so just idle code
remains in the codebase.  The plan is to fix the remaining issues before
re-adding its usage.. but Andrew was working on that, hence the delay.

The specifics details of why it has been added / what its used for, I will
defer to some others (Max/Braden?) who would know the answer.

As far as I am aware, leaving it in isn't harmful, but perhaps leaving it
in unfixed in isn't helpful either.  Lets see what Max/Braden say.