cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [cordova-cli] ripple instead of serve
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 21:58:58 GMT
I suspect there will always be some minimal differences in
ripple/chrome-packaged-apps etc, but not sure how to best account for that.
 Platform targets is an interesting idea; could we "extend" other platforms
without forking them?  chrome-packaged-apps for ios/android is just a
workflow & set of plugins & perhaps some cli hooks?

I think we should have that discussion at some point -- but for now,
perhaps adding conditional hooks around cordova serve would suffice to
support different workflows (ripple/app-harness)?

-Michal

<fil@adobe.com>

is still time
> Gord!
more commits in

land it in 2.6 to feel

Maj <
> fil@adobe.com>
In my mind ripple is
> just a
meeting I believe some
> of
out serve, so perhaps a
`emulate` command and
> then we
the coming weeks.

<gtanner@gmail.com>

integrated, currently I have
> it
a personal branch [1]

was a much needed feature we
string [2]) as well as
> adding
directories [3] (to support

serve and add this to
> emulate
in the meantime)

> https://github.com/gtanner/cordova-cli/tree/ripple
> >> >> > > >> > > >>>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ripple.git;a=commitd
> >> >> > > >> > > >>>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ripple.git;a=commitd

PM, Michal Mocny

at 3:51 PM, Gord Tanner

use case I had in mind.  When we
mac's so just used linux and ripple
a friends macbook when we needed

2013 at 3:12 PM, Michal Mocny <

 Combined with Bradens
> proposal to
looks very good.

offline isn't the only reason,
> platform
well: ie, can "test" iPhone (sorta)
> on a

22, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Brian LeRoux <

just realized this would fulfill offline
> use

could be a future thing

be a really nice path

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Gord Tanner

this I would want to add the ability to
we don't have the build dependencies.

would just default to ripple so is
> still

from my iPhone

2013-03-22, at 1:55 PM, Brian LeRoux <

I think this bleeds back into other
> [...]
the call earlier. I think some tacit
> agreement

and Ripple is the default ./emulate command.

this. Lets keep thread focused.)