cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: CLI output
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 15:14:59 GMT
No worries John, I think we can all agree better and more verbosity
(opting into it) is useful for polishing this gem into a two handed
bastard sword that kills mobile dragons.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Wargo, John <john.wargo@sap.com> wrote:
> Of course, after I sent that email, I noticed that something was already posted to Jira
(CB-2452) about this, sorry.

information being spit out with the error. I'm thinking that my recent toubleshooting efforts
would benefit from it spitting out the CLI version, Node version, and the CLI file and line
number that was being executed when the error was generated.

> I just noticed that in 2.8.3 I'm getting more information on where the Android build
process is failing, I can't tell if that's something new in the CLI or ADT.

> Additionally, as I've been poking at the CLI and trying to understand better what its
doing and how it works, I would like to have the ability to turn on a debug flag that dumps
everything its doing to the command line. I understand that if you're running in an automated
process that you don't want all of that stuff in the process' output, but when debugging troubles
I do.  For example, as npm installs the CLI, I get all sorts of color coded information and
messages letting me know what's happening - I would like the ability to turn that on in the
CLI as well.