cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Android: Use source files instead of .jar file
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:20:21 GMT
We def do not want to do this before 3.0 ...too big of a change.

I think while we are seeing lots of benefits in issue tracking for iOS
I share Joe's anxiety that we may end up with cowboy upgrades
conflicting with project upgrades. Lets get 3 out the door and have a
look after.

Added to roadmap backlog which we'll be discussing much later this
summer I'm sure. [1]

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RoadmapProjects

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> I don't think it's caused any issues on iOS, and it definitely has improved
> bug reports. That's because you get better stack traces on iOS though, I
> don't think the same is true for Android.
>
> I'll also point out that with 3.0, the majority of the code will already be
> in the form of source files since plugin code will not be in the form of
> jars.
>
> There have been several times on Android where I've had back-and-forth on a
> JIRA issue where I say "Hey - can you trying changing this line to that and
> see what happens" and their reply is "I have a JAR and so can't do that".
> If they have the source, then this flow works.
>
> Joe (or anyone else who thinks this is not a good idea) - I'd like to hear
> more about why you think this will cause things to break?
>

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Kerri Shotts <kerrishotts@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We surely have data on this, since iOS has transitioned; how many issues
>> have been raised on iOS because someone mucked around where they shouldn't
>> have? Perhaps not directly applicable to Android, but it would perhaps be a
>> rough estimate.
>>

>> ___________________________________
>> Kerri Shotts
>> photoKandy Studios, LLC