cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova 2.9.0 Final
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 00:47:06 GMT
A personal preference perhaps, but an Apache no-no? Are you sure? This
isn't re-writing upstream history, and would go along the same lines as
saying that you should never squash your work-in-progress commits, which
we've been advocating that you do on all of our wiki pages. We also tell
contributors to rebase when they update pull requests instead of making
commit after commit.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I would rather have merge commits in the repo than start
> screwing with the history of the repo with a rebase.  Re-writing
> history is a big Apache no-no.
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> > A couple git tips that I learned recently:
> >
> > git pull --rebase will eliminate merge commits that are due to pulling
> when
> > a local commit has been made.
> >
> > If you failed to --rebase and have a merge commit:
> >
> > git rebase origin/master (assuming you're on master) will reorder your
> > commits to make your local ones come after remote ones, and also
> eliminate
> > the merge commit.
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I pushed to the 2.9.0 branch, but someone snuck a commit in on run. I
> >> then decided to re-tag it, since this is a script change, and not
> >> anything that required re-testing.

> >> you're

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=log;h=df1536ea77e97b7d362a19582f8beddd168c5ec3

> heading
> tagging?

> agrieve@chromium.org

> out
> >> easier to

> >> problem.
> new

> the

> >> be
> we

HEAD

> >> agrieve@chromium.org>
The jira bug
> >> says
> >> tag
> >> active-platform

> ensure
> >> it's

> >> "git

> bowserj@gmail.com>

> of
> >> all
> person
> the

> >> rest
> release.
> >> cordova-js,
> error

> + '
> >> not
> being
> >> on a
> >> (/Users/jbowser/cordova-coho/coho:1120:1)

> >> work?

until after the
> 3.0
> >> changes to