cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova 2.9.0 Final
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:39:49 GMT
A couple git tips that I learned recently:

git pull --rebase will eliminate merge commits that are due to pulling when
a local commit has been made.

If you failed to --rebase and have a merge commit:

git rebase origin/master (assuming you're on master) will reorder your
commits to make your local ones come after remote ones, and also eliminate
the merge commit.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I pushed to the 2.9.0 branch, but someone snuck a commit in on run. I
> then decided to re-tag it, since this is a script change, and not
> anything that required re-testing.
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> > Hey Joe - not sure what happened, but would love to know what errors
> you're
> > now seeing.
> >
> > Looks like the tagging of Android didn't go quite right:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=log;h=df1536ea77e97b7d362a19582f8beddd168c5ec3
> >
> > There shouldn't be a merge commit (I don't think anyways), and the tag
> > points past the branch head. Did you forget to push the 2.9.x branch?
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey All,
> >>
> >> I would really appreciate if we could get the tags rolling. I am heading
> >> out for nodeconf on Thursday and want to get the release out tomorrow
> >> before I leave. Are there any issues holding people back from tagging?
> >> Android is the only platform tagged so far.
> >>
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3981
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> -Steve

> >> stack