cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Android Network Plugin Breakout
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:02:12 GMT
For Android, I also don't see how we could separate out the network plugin
without breaking navigator.onLine. However, I think it still may be worth
doing.

1. By default, set navigator.onLine to undefined
2. If they install the network plugin, then have it override the property
so that it works.

There's a lot of skepticism around using online/offline events anyways, so
for that reason I think it makes sense to have it be an optional plugin.

The reason start-up depends on it is that at the bottom of channel.js,
there is:

channel.waitForInitialization('onCordovaConnectionReady');

This line (as well as the creating of the channel) should be moved into the
network.js file.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue is with the javascript code related to the network-information
> plugin and affects ios + android (probably others) from my initial testing.
> If it is doable, we should definitely rip it out.
>
> We could always package up the network-information plugin without any JS
> code and leave the network js code in cordova-js.
>

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wait, aren't all the plugins already broken out on Android now? I
> > don't remember this code being dependent on the plugin itself, just
> > the online/offline event.
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> > > sgtm

It's