cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Opinions Needed: Platform specific features and mobilespec tests
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:06:28 GMT
Definitely torn on this one. On one hand, if there are features implemented
on some platforms that should be implemented on others than having them
fail is a constant reminder that your platform needs to implement the
missing functionality. OTOH, things like camera clean-up are meant to be
platform specific, so it's nothing but an annoyance if that fails on other
platforms.

So, I think my take on it is:

1. Have them shared and failing if the API should eventually be implemented
on all platforms
2. Wrap tests in if (platform.name == 'ios') {} if they are meant to only
work on one platform.