cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Android: Use source files instead of .jar file
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:47:23 GMT
I'd like to propose that instead of having the create script compile a
version of Cordova into a .jar, that instead it copies over the source
files instead.

My main motivation is that doing so will make debugging native code much
easier since the source code will show up in Eclipse / Android Studio by
default instead of needing to reconfigure your project to get this to work.

We did the same change on iOS a while ago (moving from a precompiled
framework library to just copying over source files), and I think the
results were quite positive. It helps users file better bug reports, and I
think also encourages them to submit bug fixes. It will also make it easier
for Plugin developers to figure out our APIs since they'll be able to see &
tweak the code.

Agree / object?