cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Android: Use source files instead of .jar file
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 01:23:54 GMT
I don't think it's caused any issues on iOS, and it definitely has improved
bug reports. That's because you get better stack traces on iOS though, I
don't think the same is true for Android.

I'll also point out that with 3.0, the majority of the code will already be
in the form of source files since plugin code will not be in the form of
jars.

There have been several times on Android where I've had back-and-forth on a
JIRA issue where I say "Hey - can you trying changing this line to that and
see what happens" and their reply is "I have a JAR and so can't do that".
If they have the source, then this flow works.

Joe (or anyone else who thinks this is not a good idea) - I'd like to hear
more about why you think this will cause things to break?