cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: chromeview
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:15:09 GMT
16 megs is the number I've heard as well.

Would definitely love for something like this to exist, but it's certainly
not as easy as adding a new built target.

Both Adobe's as well as the github link you sent make use of the chromium
code under android_webview/. My understanding is that any such embedding of
a chrome webview should not include code from android_webview/ since that
code is meant to be tied to future Android versions and has JNI hooks that
make no attempt at being stable nor working on anything but the latest
Android version. A better approach would be to embed the engine via it's
content/ module. However, I don't think anyone has started on such an
effort.

So, in summary, I think this would still be a large effort to get going.
Not unreasonable by any stretch, but more effort than I am able to put in.