cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Device as an intrinsic plugin
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 01:16:38 GMT
I'd like to see the fields that require an exec() call split out. If they
aren't used, then apps are paying a price on start-up for them. There's
also the fact that some fields require the app to have extra permissions
set in its manifest.

Suggestion: Leave device.cordova & device.platform in core, but split out
the other fields into a plugin.