cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [cordova-js] Order of internal cordova events and docs
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:25:11 GMT
The order isn't meant to be serially defined. Many platforms fire
onNativeReady as the first channel fired. Some do have dependencies though,
and you can see them in code by looking for where channel.join() is called.

Your options:
If you want your code to run as soon as possible, you should put it in your
bootstrap.js file.

platform.js is another target, but that won't fire until after
onPluginsReady

onPluginsReady() is meant to be fired once all the plugin file modules are
available, but before any plugin modules are require()d. Looks like there's
a bug right now in that plugins with <runs/> tags are being run before
onPluginsReady() is fired. This will cause their require()s to possible
fail and we should fix that.

platform.initialize() also waits for onNativeReady. I somewhat doubt that
it needs to, but it does.