cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Release Bugs
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 01:42:15 GMT
Lorin - I see you used Fil's script to create the release bug in JIRA.

For the last release, I put some effort into trying out a new template for
release bugs because I found that the subtasks created by the script fail
to mention a lot of the things that need to happen for a release.

The bug you created:
- includes platforms that we're not releasing right now
- has tasks for:
1. updating JS
2. updating app template
3. tag
4. generate source release.
- Has subtasks in random order

Contrast that to the bug for the 2.8 release:
- Has tasks in dependency order
- Has descriptions in subtasks for things that need to happen. e.g.:
   - Create release branch
   - Update VERSION files
   - Run Apache RAT
   - Look through all open JIRA bugs targeted at the current version and
either fix or postpone them.
   - Testing
   - Update snapshot of docs
   - Write upgrade guides

I like that there's a tool to create a release bug & subtasks, but I think
in its current state it's not as good as cloning CB-2464.

Note that I've tried to document our release process in My goal was that doing a
release would be a matter of reading through that page and doing what it
says. It also contains references to all of the things that the coho tool
can now do:
  - creating branches, tags
  - updating VERSION files, JS snapshots
  - running RAT