cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova vs Company workflow
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:25:56 GMT
Yes, putting a comment on the issue itself should be sufficient. If
you're familiar with the person, im/irc message is appreciated, but
not necessary.

Generally, Fil is correct. I generally do not mark issues I'm working
on as "in progress", but that's something I will immediately adress.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> Pretty much.
>
> My assumption is when looking through JIRA that if an issue isn't "In
> Progress" then I can freely assign to myself and mark it as "In Progress"
> to denote that I am working on it.
>
> On 6/5/13 9:28 AM, "Carlos Santana" <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Lorin,
>>  When you say "ping the person it is assigned to" you mean put a comment
>>on the JIRA ticket?
>>This way everyone is aware that someone is interested on taking over the
>>ticket or have some input?
>>
>>Sorry if it was a dumb, question I'm trying to understand the workflow of
>>contributing
>>
>>(open ticket, add comment to JIRA ticket showing interest on working the
>>ticket, get agreement from assignee, start solving problem, submit pull
>>request, post to dev mailing list for code review)
>>

>>--Carlos
>>

>>On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin.beer.dev@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> I've CC'd the relevant parties, but as a reminder of best practice:
>>>
>>> regardless of internal company workflow for Cordova contribution, when
>>> tackling an issue filed on jira:
>>>
>>> 1. if it is not assigned to you, ping the person it is assigned to
>>> 2. discuss assigning to yourself