cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Wargo, John" <john.wa...@sap.com>
Subject RE: CLI output
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 15:05:49 GMT
Of course, after I sent that email, I noticed that something was already posted to Jira (CB-2452)
about this, sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Wargo [mailto:jwargo23@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:58 AM
To: Cordova Dev
Subject: CLI output

When the CLI kicks out errors, I wonder if developers would benefit from some additional information
being spit out with the error. I'm thinking that my recent toubleshooting efforts would benefit
from it spitting out the CLI version, Node version, and the CLI file and line number that
was being executed when the error was generated.

I just noticed that in 2.8.3 I'm getting more information on where the Android build process
is failing, I can't tell if that's something new in the CLI or ADT.

Additionally, as I've been poking at the CLI and trying to understand better what its doing
and how it works, I would like to have the ability to turn on a debug flag that dumps everything
its doing to the command line. I understand that if you're running in an automated process
that you don't want all of that stuff in the process' output, but when debugging troubles
I do.  For example, as npm installs the CLI, I get all sorts of color coded information and
messages letting me know what's happening - I would like the ability to turn that on in the
CLI as well.

Am I unique in this request or is this something others have expressed an interest in?