cordova-dev mailing list archives

From aaron barnes <aa...@stasis.org>
Subject plugman iOS + compiler flags
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 18:37:07 GMT
I've really been enjoying the cordova cli/plugin.xml definition.

I've been porting a bunch of old plugins to work with plugman's
plugin.xml definition.  Generally it's been going well, however one
problem I've come across a few times particularly when trying to apply
it to old code or adapting 3rd party code is that the code isn't ARC
compliant.  The preference would obviously be to make the code
arc-compliant, but not being a pro in objective c, it's often easier to
just add '-fno-objc-arc' as a compiler flag for the file in xcode.

It would be great to add as an option for iOS builders, I'm thinking
something like:

<source-file src="src/ios/LegacyCode.m" compilerFlags="-fno-objc-arc"/>

in plugin.xml

which would then insert something like :

93803FD21768C79200CB4E50 /* LegacyCode.m in Sources */ = {isa =
PBXBuildFile; fileRef = 93803FCF1768C79200CB4E50 /* LegacyCode.m */;
settings = {COMPILER_FLAGS = "-fno-objc-arc"; }; }

into the project.pbxproj.

would anybody else find this useful as a feature-request?  can it be
considered?

--aaron