cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Removal of <plugins> from config.xml
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 21:46:55 GMT
Joe, per deprecation policy table [1], this feature:

 - All - change <plugin> to <feature> in config.xml

.. Is slated to be deprecated in 2.8 and removed in 3.0.

So it hasn't gone through its deprecation window if that's what you mean.

And yes, it will be removed in 3.0. Having a couple of point releases to
give plugin authors time to update their plugin manifests seems reasonable.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/DeprecationPolicy