cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Pull requests need issues attached to them.
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 22:47:58 GMT
Hey

I just reverted someone's pull request because it broke the nine-patch
splashscreens on Cordova 2.7.  Whenever we accept a pull request, we
should do the following:

 * Make sure that it's actually fixing a bug, and not scratching a
developer's itch
 * Make sure that there's a JIRA issue so that we can re-open the
issue if we have to revert it for some reason
  * Ask on the list whether this actually will break someone's app.
I'm pretty sure that there are some old Nitobi and IBM apps that would
break with this change.

This did teach me a valuable lesson about actually testing for
nine-patch images for multiple orientations, namely that we should
actively do this.  That being said, I think these rules should apply
across the project, and not just with Android.

Thoughts?

Joe