cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Recap of command-line tools meeting
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 00:22:46 GMT
Today, Brian LeRoux, Anis Kadri, Herm Wong, Steve Gill and me met up and
discussed the plans for the command-line tools and 3.0. We were joined on a
Hangout by Fil, and by Michael Brooks.

Since it didn't happen if it didn't happen on the list, here's the summary:

- Herm and Steve are developing a new test script for plugins, that knows
how to set up mobile spec tests for that plugin into an app. We don't
currently have a story for combining docs and tests between plugins; that
will come after 3.0.

- There are long-lived 3.0 branches in cordova-android, -ios, and -js.
These branches are where the work to split the core into separated plugins
will occur. We will keep these branches in sync as plugins change. To that
end, we are starting with stable plugins that change infrequently, so that
the volatile plugins (FileTransfer, above all) come at the end and right
before the transition. Herm and Steve are working on this.

- We prioritized the core plugins into rough order of converting them.
Brian has this in a file; the wiki is still down D:

- plugman still requires dependency support. universes and discovery are
being punted to after 3.0. in the near term, it is deemed sufficient to
have a plugin.xml specify <dependency> tags that give explicitly the git
URL, commit hash, subdirectory and ID of the plugins it depends on. I will
be taking this work over the next week while Fil is away at Adobe Max. He
and I will sync up on Monday the 13th when he's back, and see where we
stand.

- cordova-cli is ready to go, except that it has a known issue where
cordova prepare is deleting platform-specific www/ and breaking asset
handling.

Braden