cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Changes to config.xml
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 01:30:14 GMT
Hey All,

I noticed Andrew made some config.xml changes to help bring it up to widget
spec [1]. I wanted to make sure this was brought to the attention of plugin
makers.

As Andrew states "This unifies the config.xml used by iOS and Android. Now
<feature> tags can be used to add plugins. The changes are non-intrusive so
the older versions of the config.xml can still be used after this change.
The value of a param named "ios-package" determines the class for the
plugin. Also changes the config.xml with the unified one on the project
template"

I also wanted people to be aware that this seems like it will break plugins
out there. It isn't a huge deal with 3.0.0 looming. People just need to
update their plugin.xml files. The device motion plugin [2] I am working on
errors out when trying to install using plugman now. This is due to switch
to <feature>.

-Steve

[2]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugin-device-motion.git