cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.8.0rc1
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 00:03:22 GMT
Sorry for jumping in late ...

On Friday Fil and I tested a workaround for plugin_loader's use of XHR to
load plugins.
The gist is that instead of XHR load, it would first write a script tag for
the cordova_plugins.js file, which defines the list of plugins ( much the
same way that cordova_plugins.json was ) then the plugin list was processed
in exactly the same way.
This change affects all cordova-js platforms as well as cordova-plugman,
and I would like to get it into 2.8.0rc1 if I can have the next couple
hours to do so.

On Friday we verified that it worked as expected for iOS, Android,
BlackBerry, WP7 and WP8.

The small change to cordova-js can be seen here [1] minus some extra error
checking.
And the change to plugman [2]

[1] https://github.com/purplecabbage/cordova-js/tree/PL
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/tree/pl

This fix puts in a better position for dynamically loading plugins going
forward, although that work is ongoing in the 3.0.0 branch.

Just a little background on the issue:
Currently Windows Phone 7 and 8 immediately fail to load anything local via
XHR because of a misinformed security policy that prevents it.  After
deviceready any local XHR requests are serviced by the File API and an XHR
shim.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com