cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 2.8.0rc1
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 20:13:13 GMT
LGTM so long as you've tested that the error even actually fires (I know it
didn't use to on some older browsers).

The other thing still outstanding is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3307 for WP, BB, OSX.

I suppose we could branch without that done, but it's such a small change,
it'd be great to get that fixed before tagging.

This time around I'd like to try without using the automated script that
creates issues since I think they capture only a small number of the steps,
and instead I'll create a master bug and one sub-bug per repo. Then, let's
follow the updated wiki steps as best as possible:

http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CuttingReleases

and just keep adding comments to the JIRA bugs whenever someone does any of
the steps.

I'm out to a movie tonight, but will be back 9ish EST. I'll look to branch
& tag then.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am satisfied with the added error checking.
> Please review the changes to plugin loading [1]
>
> If possible I would like this in 2.8.0rc1, but perhaps more importantly, we
> should do 2.8.0rc1 today.
>
> Cheers,
>   Jesse
>
> [1] https://github.com/purplecabbage/cordova-js/tree/PL
>

> @purplecabbage
> risingj.com
>

> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > the error checking I am adding/testing right now is handling onerror
> which
> > does fire when the file is missing.
> >
> > @purplecabbage
> > risingj.com
> >

> > On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I like the change I think, but I think it will fail if users are missing
> >> the cordova_plugins.js file (onload will never fire). On the plus side
> >> though, this change makes it easier to combine cordova.js and
> >> cordova_plugins.js by concatenating them together.
> >>
> >> Maybe we should just go all the way with this and combine the two .js
> >> files
> >> into one right from the start? Then we won't have to worry about loading
> >> at
> >> all.

> tag
> >> for