cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for BB7
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 21:51:27 GMT
just had a brief discussion about this with Tim and Brett about this:

Previous list discussions on sending BB7 off to the farm have arrived at
the conclusion of "not yet".

However, with 3.0.0 looming and all the architectural changes coming to
cordova, BB7 needs some serious love to bring it up to the 3.0.0 release.

I've asked Brett about BB7 usage statistics on phonegap-build. His response
was "noise".

@Gord: that's my understanding of BlackBerry's stance too, which means
support for any upgrades to 3.0 will have to come from elsewhere.

I'd lik Fil/Michael/Brian to weigh in on this, but I think my vote will be
to drop BB7 support for new Cordova releases as soon as possible, which
means as 3.0.0 drops.

- Lorin