cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending BB7 to the farm
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 20:41:03 GMT
Absolutely Marcel,

although, the impetus behind dropping BB is not the usage numbers, but the
lack of interest in future support beyond maintenance. We want our efforts
to go towards BB10 development.

My understanding is that older blackberry's are hugely popular devices in
countries we may not immediately consider, like Nigeria.

I think the important thing to take away is that users wanting to develop
apps for older generation BlackBerry devices will still be able to, just
not with Cordova 3.0 +.

- Lorin