cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is 2.7.0 released?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 22:02:06 GMT
Hmm. These packages are on Apache dist so they constitute an official
Apache release. Apache releases must use majority approval with "at least
three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be
more positive than negative votes", see
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what.

Kalle

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Benn Mapes <benn.mapes@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for 24 hour notice followed by lazy consensus.
> As long as there is some explicit communication on the mailing of the
> release, that is the important part.
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM, James Jong <wjamesjong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Lazy consensus with a day notice before release is reasonable and seems
> > workable to me.
> >
> > -James Jong
> >
> > On May 1, 2013, at 10:50 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > > To be clear - I didn't actually have anything outstanding for 2.7. But,
> > if
> > > I had - I wouldn't have been a bit thrown off by not knowing the
> release
> > > going out.
> > >
> > > Lazy consensus would have been fine. But we didn't do that. My
> > > understanding of lazy consensus would mean sending an email out saying
> "I
> > > intend to release 2.7 unless anyone has objections. Will wait 24 hours
> > > before doing so.".
> > >
> > > http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus
> > >
> > > Upwards and onwards! But let's stick to the documented release
> practices
> > > next time, or change them to match what we do.

> too

> > release,
> as
> > release'