cordova-dev mailing list archives

From tommy-carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: New directory structure in cordova-cli's future branch
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:48:45 GMT
Sorry, but as someone that helps users everyday, the almost "it's alpha, they shoulda seen
it coming" tone of this is a bit upsetting.

It reminds me of before the deprecation policy, etc when PhoneGap would completely break everything
whenever a new version came out.

I feel like we have come a long way since then (with a ways still to go, no question about
it).  I would hate to be the one in IRC and on the Google Group list having to explain this
to everyone using the cli.

I was under the impression that the cli was "shipping" now, not just a little side thing.
I know that quite a few people are using it for real apps (myself included). If that is true,
then we have a duty to at least think very carefully before breaking something and come up
with a good plan for easing that transition.

- tommy