cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject [plugin.xml spec] usefulness of preserve-dirs attribute?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:31:51 GMT
I am wondering what use cases does having a `preserve-dirs` attribute on
<source-file> and <header-file> objects help with? I notice that this
attribute is ONLY parsed in the iOS plugman handler, and it is not
documented as part of the plugin.xml spec.

Additionally it seems like plugins in the wild using the plugin spec (I
combed through the ones being authored by phonegap build [1], the Mozilla
Person one [2], Shaz's keychain plugin [3] and his test flight plugin [4])
don't use this attribute and instead use the
target-dir="target/location/inside/cordova/projects" to specify where
certain source files should go.

Can I safely remove this functionality?

[1] https://github.com/phonegap-build
[2]