cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: ATTN: I am going to merge plugman future into master branch
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:17:34 GMT
Here's another thought about the config-file changes.

I noticed some of the plugins out there have <access> tags at the top
level in a plugin's plugin.xml. At first I was like wtf that should exist
under a <config-file> element, pointing to the config.xml for each
platform. I realize now the problem with that, though, is that you'll need
one of these for each platform, because the target location of the
config.xml is in different spots, I.e.:

- Android: <config-file target="res/xml/config.xml"><access
blah></config-file>
- iOS: <config-file target="www/config.xml"><access blah></config-file>

- BlackBerry: <config-file target="www/config.xml"><access
blah></config-file>

Should we provide some way of modifying the config.xml, agnostic of the
platform, just for these cases where certain config.xml changes apply to
all platforms? If so, how? A top-level <config-file> element (perhaps with
no target attrib)?