cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: plugman + plugin spec final q's
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 22:37:09 GMT

>However, I do not think that removing permissions will end well.  Looking
>at the bigger picture, I can think of many cases where a permission is
>required by the app itself, and should remain regardless of any plugin.
> This needs to be decided by the app developer themselves imho.

Can you provide one? I don't see how an application's permissions would
stem from the application itself and not the device capabilities the app
needs to access.

I think for now leaving the permission stuff as children under
<config-file> is good enough, but tweaking our tooling implementation to
be smarter about handling it is the way forward. The idea behind the
<config-file> element is: all of its child elements will be appended into
specific parts of the native manifests for the platform it is specified
under. So, as long as the tooling understands that permissions (and
possibly other areas such as "requirements" in windows phone land) are a
shared space between different plugins, we are good.