cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: plugman + plugin spec final q's
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:51:56 GMT

>Is it possible to re-do the platform modifications on every `cordova
>prepare` by running through each plugin.xml?  That way, on uninstall you
>needn't do anything, just remove the plugin and run prepare again.  This
>would also make it possible to make changes to a plugin's native code
>without reinstalling it.

Ha, Anis and I were just discussing this on IRC :)

I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3058 to address this.
We are leaning towards a module that is aware of all plugins installed,
and thus of all the config changes each plugin would need to make, as well
as the delta between the plugins' config changes. It would be fired during
a prepare. More logic but it is necessary.