cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: plugman + plugin spec final q's
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:59:56 GMT
Max, yeah, at the top of the plugman readme (in both future and master I
believe), the usage docs don't specify --install or --uninstall as an
available command, but those commands are referenced right after the usage
section. I'd be in favor of using --fetch for the RETRIEVAL of plugins,
--remove for the removal of plugins from the local plugins cache, and
--install and --uninstall for the relevant actions.

Max, re (2): correct.

To Braden's points:

 - I'm fine with url + name attributes for <dependency> elements. Will
update the spec/README shortly.
 - Re <clobbers> I will add a note about that to the spec as well.
 - Re parsing package Ids, fair enough.
 - About "namespacing" iOS source files, this sounds like a good idea.
This is something that plugman can handle as well, yes? That is,
management of the plist and pointing to the right location.
 - Re config munging and permissions. I vote in favor of removing all
permissions and re-adding all of them with every change in plugins (add or
remove), with a de-duping pass. Brute force approach but it'll work and is
simple. However spec wise we need a separate element for this ya?
<permission> or something? Then based on what <platform> tag houses a
<permissions> tag we can deduce where and how to set up the appropriate
native permissions.
 - Re the different <*-file> elements. I believe behavior in how header
and source files are handled on iOS are identical, so consolidating those
is an easy simplification. I will update the spec with that. I'll leave
resource-file in there for now.

One more question that came up: does a plugman --install call implicitly
call plugman --prepare ?