cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: BlackBerry BB10 Repos on GitHub
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:04:29 GMT
WRT to BlackBerry since node is already required, it's not an "extra"
dependency. The other thread is related to Android (and possibly
iOS/windows).

As long as the new BB repo supports:

1. Plugin design and documentation on how to do so
2. Command line scripts [1]
3. Can run mobile spec and passes at a reasonable rate

.. Im happy

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign

On 4/15/13 9:45 AM, "Lorin Beer" <lorin.beer.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

>First steps are to bring your repo in line with the current workflow and
>cross platform tool chain.
>A for instance is the create script: the other platforms use bash scripts
>for the 'create' command, and BlackBerry's BB10 repo is dependent on Node.
>There is an ongoing discussion on the list concerning node as a dependency
>for our build toolchain, which I would encourage you to chime in on.
>

>On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Jeffrey Heifetz
><jheifetz@blackberry.com>wrote:
>
>> So now that the code has been out for a bit we'd like to start talking
>> about getting the code into the 2.7 release.
>>
>> There are no longer any hacks or hoops to getting it running and anyone
>> interested can try it out. Mobile spec results are about on par with the
>> previous implementation and will continue to improve as we re-implement
>> plugins.
>>
>> So what is the process for getting a large number of commits into
>>multiple
>> repos?
>>

>> On 13-04-08 1:39 PM, "Ken Wallis" <kwallis@blackberry.com> wrote:
>>
>> >To a degree I think the architecture has been simplified.  Was not the
>> >Cordova APIs calling to WebWorks apis, which then hit native, whereas
>>now
>> >we don't have the WebWorks layer?
>> >--
>> >
>> >Ken Wallis