cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Platform-level command line scripts ;)
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:22:45 GMT

>+1 for the dislike :P but users will tell us if they like having 12
>scripts
>laying around.

They are under a ./cordova folder. They are not "laying around." No one
has to use them if they don't want to.

>On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Augh! This actually made it past the mailing list. :(
>>
>> I hate this idea for the emulators and devices, because this is a set
>> of extremely complex script that has next to zero payoff for our
>> users.

Given that the CLI tools get ~1000 downloads per month, and issues are
being filed about the inconsistent behavior, I disagree with your
conclusion Joe. _You_ may find no benefit from it (I know your workflow,
you're in Eclipse most of the time, and pretty much solely in Android), so
I understand why you see no benefit.

I see massive benefit in this.

Finally: Android has basically all of this functionality already
implemented. Simply put: the API surface of the scripts needs to change
slightly to make it consistent cross-platform. So the argument of "this is
hard" fails here because it's already all there :)