cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: The plugin repos and reality
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:24:49 GMT
We can file infra requests to modify names / add more repos for plugins as
needed, so that shouldn't be an issue. Some plugins may not be completely
cross-platform (debug console, for example, will likely only have iOS
native code).

As for landing it all in 2.7: also not a big deal. We can try to get it
done for 2.8. Or 2.9. Hopefully for 3.0 :)

It seems reasonable to extract code that is commonly used by various
plugins into some kind of a Cordova utils class (or something). Since
you're starting down this path already Joe, you probably have the clearest
idea of where to go from here. Perhaps start writing down the issues you
see in a new wiki page, and then we can all take a look and come up with
some kind of proposal for a blessed Java API for cordova-android? The
other platforms I'm sure will come across similar (but maybe not exactly
the same) issues so this is a good exercise to go through earlier rather
than later.