cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: Use git sub-modules for the copies of cordova-* within CLI?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:18:13 GMT
Yea, I believe the plan is the lazy-load the platforms to a global
configuration directory. The lazy-load would only happen on the first
request for a given platform. Any future requests would use the cached
platform.

For example: ~/.cordova/platform/cordova-android-2.7.0/

Andrew, I think your advantages are accurate. I would also add:

4. Removes need to `sudo chown username /path/to/global/npm/cordova/`

I've got a lot on my plate right now, but I am hoping to get started on
this lazy-loading asap.

Michael