cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: New directory structure in cordova-cli's future branch
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:08:01 GMT
I'm still not sold on the new directory structure, but I would need to
review the previous thread on why we are interested in adopting it.

A minor concern on my part is the placement of `config.xml`.

The path to `index.html` must be referenced relative to `config.xml` [1].
Since `config.xml` is outside of www/ the the default <content> path [2]
must become "www/index.html", which is breaking the default start path
defined by the Widget spec.

I'm not sure which platform's support the <content> element, but BlackBerry
does and I imagine we will have full coverage in the future.

However, this also brings up the question of whether we are continuing with
the Widget spec or supporting the SysApps work. Fil will have more insight
into this when we gets back from the SysApps F2F.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#start-files
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#the-content-element-and-its-attributes

Michael