cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Use of Google Docs for Planning / Specifications / etc
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:18:45 GMT
Hey guys,

I know this has been on the minds of a number of contributors and I want to
bring it up on the list.

I think we need to stop using Google Docs for drafting our plans,
specifications, and such.

For myself, this is a little disappointing because I like Google Docs and I
think it's easy to comment and amend the document. However, the data is not
hosted by Apache Infrastructure and the changes are not captured on the
source control, mailing list, issue tracker, or wiki. In other words, it's
side stepping the regular channels that contributors would monitor.

For future documents, we should be using the wiki. The wiki does support
rendering comments [1], so we can achieve the same effect as Google Docs...
just in a more awkward way.

Thoughts? If someone can make a compelling case to keep using Google Docs,
I'm all ears.

Michael

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/HelpOnComments