cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject The plugin repos and reality
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:17:45 GMT
Hey

I've started moving the various Android plugins into their
corresponding repositories, and it seems that these were made up, and
that they don't really correspond to what exists in the code today.  I
don't think that it's realistic for us to get this done for 2.7
because there are certain plugins that don't have a home (i.e. App,
Compass, AudioPlayer, Echo) and others that don't make any sense to
have (i.e. Console, Vibration) or are unclear (Media).

Also, at least for Android, we're going to have to nail down a Java
API.  Many of the plugins use some common code for file manipulation
such as the Capture, Camera and of course the File APIs. It would be
good to actually expose them to plugin developers so that we're all on
the same page as to where files should and should not go.

It would have been good to create the repositories based on what we
already have implemented more or less, and to go from there.  That
being said, I don't know if there is a one-to-one mapping between
Android and iOS components, let alone any of the other platforms.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Joe