cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: New directory structure in cordova-cli's future branch
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:21:20 GMT
I did think about this in the back of my mind when moving the config.xml. I
don't think bending this spec and letting the paths in config.xml continue
to be relative to www/ is that terrible. We break the Widget spec in a
quite a number of other ways anyway.

It would be a tiny change to put it back, since I abstracted the location
of the config.xml into utils.

Braden

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Michael Brooks <michael@michaelbrooks.ca>wrote:

> I'm still not sold on the new directory structure, but I would need to
> review the previous thread on why we are interested in adopting it.
>
> A minor concern on my part is the placement of `config.xml`.
>
> The path to `index.html` must be referenced relative to `config.xml` [1].
> Since `config.xml` is outside of www/ the the default <content> path [2]
> must become "www/index.html", which is breaking the default start path
> defined by the Widget spec.
>
> I'm not sure which platform's support the <content> element, but BlackBerry
> does and I imagine we will have full coverage in the future.
>
> However, this also brings up the question of whether we are continuing with
> the Widget spec or supporting the SysApps work. Fil will have more insight
> into this when we gets back from the SysApps F2F.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#start-files
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#the-content-element-and-its-attributes
>
> Michael
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org
> >wrote:
>
> > That's now how I recalled the discussion. It certainly wasn't clear-cut,
> > but I thought the conclusion was that this was fine.
> >
> > Well, then this is now a discussion thread. What are the
> counterarguments?
> >
> > Braden
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> >
> > > :(
> > >
> > > We never had full consensus to do this Braden.

> > per

> > platform.
> in

> > > <javascript:;>>