cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node as a dependency for android tooling.
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 19:49:15 GMT
I used to be against requiring node to run the create scripts but I've
reversed my position.

I think it would be good to switch to node. Maintaining separate
bash/jscript scripts is a pain in the ass and violates DRY. As well most of
us don't even have PC's anymore so running the create script on Windows is
not getting the attention it deserves.  Check out the problems people are
having on a Windows on our mailing list or on StackOverflow.

Theoretically by moving to a node script should eliminate duplication and
put everyone on a level playing field.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald