cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Including okHttp as source might not be such a good idea
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 02:53:28 GMT
Lets not try to force all developers to change their settings; that sounds
like a world of pain.

It should work as a jar -- I can't see any compelling reason to have the
source available in eclipse, except for debugging. If there are bugs in
that code, I would definitely prefer to be fixing them upstream, though,
rather than having our own fork.

Can we distribute the jar with cordova-android, rather than fetching it at
install time like with commons-codec? I'm fairly certain that the Apache
license allows that. Also, I don't think that OkHttp has tagged releases
like codec, and I think I would rather ship with tested versions rather
than pointing new users at whatever HEAD happens to be at at any given day.

If that's okay, I'll package it up, and replace the source with the jar on
master.