cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Chris DelCol <cdel...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: BlackBerry BB10 Repos on GitHub
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 17:15:12 GMT
I think the biggest impact is that the architecture and features of Cordova
are now implemented directly, rather than through a proprietary SDK that is
"somewhat" aligned. I'm not sure there will be actual performance gains, or
that the architecture is easier. But what it does mean is that
compatibility should go way up, and focus on it will go up as well since we
are not split between 2 competing products.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> This sounds pretty cool.
>
> For those with no prior BB experience, is there a high level summary of the
> net effect of the changes?  x% faster exec, N less bytes of binary, Y
> timesr
> easier plugin development etc?
>
> Thanks,
> -Michal
>

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Bryan Higgins <bhiggins@blackberry.com
> >wrote:
>
> > It's exactly the same as this extension, but we've converted it into a
> > cordova plugin. We'll provide both the source and pre-compiled libraries.
> >

> https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Framework/tree/master/ext/jpps
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Lorin Beer <lorin.beer.dev@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > sounds great Bryan,
> > >
> > > about the private native dependency, is that provided as a precompiled
> > > library?
> > > Can we run these codes?
> > >
> > > - Lorin
> > >

> > > On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Bryan Higgins <bhiggins@blackberry.com