cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject Plugins as subdirectories of git repos, trivial as of git 1.7
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:35:20 GMT
Hey,

Just found out that git now does support cloning a subdirectory of a
project using sparse-checkout mode (added in git 1.7, so super fresh).

Quick guide:
http://jasonkarns.com/blog/subdirectory-checkouts-with-git-sparse-checkout/

I know this was indirectly possible using a temporary directory holding the
full repo clone, but this change means we can now operate directly on the
git repo from within a cordova project workspace.  I like this.

What does this mean for cordova core plugin repo(s)?  Could someone
summarize the compelling reasons for breaking up the plugins?

-Michal