cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camera saveToPhotoAlbum intent
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:39:48 GMT
Yeah, saveToPhotoAlbum was an iOS only option for awhile.  It got lost for
a bit during the unified JS push last year but I added it back in April,
2012.    The photo was only saved to the photo album when this variable is
set but it did result in two copies of the file in order to have a URL to
return to the caller.   I guess when we added some of the other options for
resizing and resaving we didn't take the saveToPhotoAlbum option into
account.   It shouldn't be too hard to reconcile the options.  However, at
the time this was added there wasn't a way to return a URL to the
photoAlbum so we had to create the additional copy.  I haven't looked to
see if we can get the URI to the album now or not - I don't think so.

-becky